Priority Areas of Research Activities
In line with the name of the faculty, the scientific research activity focuses on personnel dealing with such tasks that contribute to the overall picture of the knowledge and the specifics of Central Europe, both in synchronous and diachronic perspective. Based on this strategy the following areas of research can be considered as priority:
- Central European phenomenon in literary and cultural discourse.
- The question of intercultural and interliterary communities, national and ethnic literature and culture, problems of cultural communication and mutual cooperation in Central Europe
- Specificities of Central European literatures
- Contextual linguistics, linguistic geography research and geographic varieties of the national language of the Hungarian minority in Slovakia
- Intercultural aspects in vocational and artistic translation, translation strategies and translation of Hungarian literary works
- Benefits and specificities of the Hungarian literature in (Central-) European context,
- Central European popular culture and its genres
- Teaching concepts and didactic particularities of the academic union, artistic and educational courses in the context of national and European trade union education
- Cultural and historical potential and opportunities for local tourism development in Central Europe, the importance of media culture for strengthening regional identity.